Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi issues

kayness9128
Hooked

WiFi issues

Hello,
I joined plusnet a few months ago and I find my family have WiFi issues. Generally I can stay connected to the WiFi whenever I’m at home but my mum and boyfriend find it hard to stay connected on their devices such as laptop and phones. I’ve looked it up but it just seems to be getting worse as I find I have to turn off the hub and turn it back on for it to work for them.
Is there anything I can do to fix it once and for all?
3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: WiFi issues

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
briston
Aspiring Pro

Other people seem to be having problems. You might like to look at other threads on this forum to guage the extent on the problem.
KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Hi @kayness9128

I am sorry to hear of the problems with the wifi.

Having performed tests on your line today, I can see that the line is performing well. To confirm, the broadband is stable and the speeds are in line with the package that you have.

I believe that the problems that you are experiencing are being caused by wireless interference. Due to the technology that wifi is, the signal can be effected by a number of external factors which are completely out of our control. Wifi is a feature within the router and therefore, we are unable to guarantee the service, speed or coverage. Firstly, I would suggest changing the wireless channel and splitting the frequencies, as per the steps in our router guides.

Please do let us know how you get on!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team