cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi connection lost on our phones

Richchad
Rising Star

WiFi connection lost on our phones

Over the last couple of weeks or so we have found that the WiFi connection to our phones has been lost even though we have selected auto connect on the phones to Plusnet.

I am not sure if it is just the WiFi we are losing or the broadband connection as it did once drop out on Skype which is an Ethernet connection.

Is there anywhere I can view my broadband connection history to see if any interuptions?

If the broadband connection is interupted and then restored why don't our phones just reconnect to the WiFi?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: WiFi connection lost on our phones

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Tech Help to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @Richchad,

Thanks for getting in touch and we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I have checked the connection and twice in 4 days and our tests are not finding any potential external issues.

Can you advise if the drops we can see below match those you are seeing at your side?

Connection

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Richchad
Rising Star

@SammyM Thank you for looking at my connection.

It is difficult for me to cross match the drops as I have no way to see my router history unless there is a way and I am unaware of?

Perhaps if I explain the problem we have been having after we have gone out with our phones on our return the phones didn't auto connect even though we have selected them to and also sometimes during the day we found we had lost our connections probably due to some of those drop outs you have highlighted but as we only discover the lost connection when we happen to check our phones we don't know when the drop outs occurred.

However I did to a router reboot the other day and so far our phones have reconnected each time so hopefully this may have fixed it.

I have been looking at the router hub to see if phones are connected but found that this doesn't always give a true account of everything connected which I understand reading on here is another issue.

I will monitor our phones and see how it goes.

Thanks again for your help.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Richchad,

It sounds like this is more likely to be a wireless signal issue than anything else. If rebooting the router has worked on this occasion I'd recommend doing the same thing again if you notice any further problems, though hopefully that won't be necessary. Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team