cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Dropouts on Plus One

stratpack

WiFi Dropouts on Plus One

Appreciate any help with this. I realise drop outs are a common problem but for the life of my I can't figure out why this is happening only recently.

I've had the same Plus One for almost 5 years with no issues and in the past month various devices have started dropping connection showing 'authentication error' at times. The software version is 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 and was last updated in Jan 19.

There has been no change to the setup and no new WiFi devices in the home. My phone can be 6" away from the Plus One and still drop out, reconnect and then drop out again. This happens intermittently with all our mobile devices (IOS and android) and yet previously we had NO issues with the same devices.

I notice someone down the Topics posted similar problems citing every 15/20 minutes before dropout and I would agree with that time period.

Has something changed in my PlusOne setting? Why is this happening all of a sudden?

Can someone from PlusNet have a look at my router settings and event history? Is this a hardware fault?

I've looked and all my devices are on 2.4Ghz. Would it be advisable moving some devices on to 5Ghz? Would this make any difference? How can I do this?

What has thrown me is that a relative of mine who also has a PlusOne and stays a few miles away has exactly the same problems with dropout and they too have started in the last month or so.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
djwgo

Re: WiFi Dropouts on Plus One

I've been having same problems with wifi, won't connect but shows connected on pc or phone.

worked for many years with the odd drop out but the last few months it happens many time a day.

Phone and it say 20mins plus waiting time, and also drops out when waiting.

Does anyone from customer support look at these issues posted on the forum?

As much as I would like to stay with plusnet if things don't improve I'll be looking to switch suppliers.

If anyone knows what to do to overcome these problems please post a reply.

stratpack

djwgo - I'm thinking the same. Maybe 5 years is a good innings for a router but I can't help thinking there must be something else causing this and not necessarily a hardware problem. Firmware perhaps but I think i'm on the most recent version and the router is never off, even when on holiday.

The relative who also has a Plus One went with Plusnet with my recommendation and now we're both having the same problems.Ticked_off Unfortunately they're still under contract.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to My Router.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @stratpack & @djwgo, I'm really sorry for the issues you're both having with the WiFi.

I've tested both your lines just to rule out any underlying issues that could be causing this; no issues have been detected.

@stratpack, I'd first advise separating the Hub One's wireless frequencies, to see if that makes a difference. I've provided a step by step on this here for you. Let us know how this goes.

@djwgo I have tested your line and though no faults are being detected, can see there has been a few drops occur over the last week (see image below) do the drops being seeing your side coincide with those on the image?

It may be worth having a run through our troubleshooting steps here and getting your router connected to the test socket as shown here for the time being, if the issue then persists you can raise this as a fault here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
stratpack

Thanks for your help Lauren, I'll give this a go Wink