cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Devices constantly dropping off 2.4WiFi or 5Ghz WiFi

David96

WiFi Devices constantly dropping off 2.4WiFi or 5Ghz WiFi

I have Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 | Last updated 21/03/19

Devices will not stay connected to the router WiFi either on the 2.4Ghz  or 5 Ghz Band

The Signal strength is good

The problem is still seen even if I force the router  to use different channels 1,6,11 on the 2.4Ghz band or 48, 36 on the 5 Ghz Band

The problem seem worse with iOS devices iPads & iPhones

Disconnections can be every 5 mins.

I have logged a call but just received some boiler plate advice

Any suggestions please

2 REPLIES 2
David96

Re: WiFi Devices constantly dropping off 2.4WiFi or 5Ghz WiFi

I have now split the 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz Band in to separate WiFi services.   This seems to have improved the situation after 12 hours the iOS devices seem more stable with no disconnects.   Still too early to decide if this has fully resolved the situation but certainly seems to have helped

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: WiFi Devices constantly dropping off 2.4WiFi or 5Ghz WiFi

Hi @David96, I'm sorry to hear you've been having connection issues as of recently. The splitting of 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies would have been our first suggestion as selecting which of the 2 frequencies your devices connect to instead of them changing between automatically can rid of the issues you're seeing. I'd advise when picking which of your devices connect to what frequency to keep in mind that the 5GHz frequency is designed for close range stationary devices and it's the 2.4GHz which does most of the heavy lifting getting your signal around the property. Let us know if any problems persist.