Did you mean: 

WiFi Authentication Error

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: WiFi Authentication Error

Thanks for getting in touch @Aljado 

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing wireless problems. From your post there's not much information into what you're actually experiencing. Are your devices disconnecting from the 5GHz and 2.4GHz frequency or just the 5GHz?

It's worth noting that the acknowledged issue is only affecting the 5GHz band on the latest firmware and it's not affecting everyone. It seems to just be in certain environments with certain devices that are connected to the router.

For example I go back to my parents house every so often who have a Hub One and my iPhone stays connected to the 5GHz frequency without a single drop for days on end wherever I am in the house.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
the4andersons1
Hooked

Sorry Gandalf, but from you reply, it does seem to imply its our fault if we do not use the correct equipment, such as an iPhone, I am actually quite happy with my Samsung, This issue is Plusnets, as now I use a BT home hub 6 the issue has gone away, I was advised to change to this router by Plusnet help, and as said it works. But at the same time it was said that Plusnet were working to supply an updated hub,  All on here that have experienced this issue were told the same, but as far as we can see, there has been no progress, been going for months with no sign its being addressed, as plusnet is still giving replies like yours, We would ask that you try to keep us informed as when your new router/hub, based on the BT 6 type will be available.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @the4andersons1 

I'm sorry to see you feel that way, although I think there's a bit of confusion here. I'm in no way advising that you'd need an iPhone in order to use the 5GHz properly, I was simply using that as an example that this issue doesn't affect everyone.

I'm not personally close enough to the investigation to know exactly what's causing the issue, however based on what I've seen from people reporting the issue to us here, it seems to be environmental but that's just my thoughts.

What's not helping is that despite our efforts, we're unable to replicate the problem so this is stifling progress, however we are continuing to work to get to the bottom of the issue. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your patience.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
islwynll547st
Hooked

Frustratingly we've got the same issues, working my way through the forums to work out what we need to do but both our phones are losing the Wifi with Authentication Errors, whilst the broadband itself on the desktop is stable.

We have just moved from TalkTalk and their router which had no problems at all, so I can't imagine that there is any environmental issue that isn't due to a deficiency with the Plusnet router hardware/software.

If Plusnet cannot replicate the errors in-house then they need to visit affected customers.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@islwynll547st There's a more recent topic on the 5GHz issues Here. If you are having issues with this particular frequency then I'd recommend reading through that thread. Let us know if the issues affect the 2.4GHz frequency too as this would be a completely different problem. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
martinbills

Hi, Wifi authentication problem is very common among android and ios. I would suggest you to try some of these fixes to solve this problem.
1. Reset your Android Wi-Fi connection
2. Verify the wireless network name for duplicates
3. Modify the wireless network configuration
4. Give the old Airplane mode a try
5. Perform Network settings  reset on Android
6. Make sure your device software is up to date
7. Factory reset your Android device
I hope one of these points will help to fix the wlan problem.

aislingean

I have several laptops and desktops and my tv that connect to my home network without problem however our Samsung Galaxy s3 cellphone connects via wireless sometimes and then drops the connection sometimes it shows the "Authentication Error" message when you go into settings sometime "stored secured " at other times but it will only connect when held close to the router So I presume this is a signal strength issue that is only effecting the cellphone
My wife uses her cellphone for messaging her daughters and the dropped connection is causing strife
HELP!
I have very recently changed to Plusnet and did not expect to encounter connection problems
Last night the WPS led was flashing continuously but the WPS switch had not been activated 
I reset the router and it has not reactivated
The Router is the sagem 2704N