Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Connection dropping out

terranova999

Wi-Fi Connection dropping out

Hi,

Can anyone help with my problem.

The router is a Hub One.

When I go from one room to another while needing constant connectivity, whatever I am doing just freezes and I have tried changing channels like I was advised by customer support but it still does not work and I have never experienced this type of problem with any other router.

Is it possible to request another router and even a different type of router? I have only just joined.

I have searched my problem but it seems as though there are no other people experiencing the same thing.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Topic moved to a more appropriate board and title slightly amended.

6 REPLIES 6
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Wi-Fi Connection dropping out

Restrict to one network frequency perhaps ie 5 or 2.4 not on both. 5 is much faster as long as your device supports that wavelength.
terranova999

Logging my iPhone into the 5GHz seems to have solved the problem but can be weak sometimes although I will update on that issue after a while to see if it has fixed the problem and wasn't just the application I was using that was playing up at the time.

Thanks

PeterBirt
Grafter

Also check in the wireless settings if the 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz to see if the networks are linked. I have found for some customers unlinking them has improved the wireless strength.

It might not work for you but i figure its worth trying.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

terranova999

Fairly sure that just logging my device into a single frequency sorted my issue on it's own.

Thanks though.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Yeah keeping it in one frequency can resolve this issue but if you need any further assistance then please get in touch and we'll be more than happy to help ^BB