cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't PN's servers work with the Hub 1?

Cagney1994
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Why won't PN's servers work with the Hub 1?

Hi all.

Is there a reason why this is the case? - Sadly I've had to go back to a previous router (the Hub 0) for everything to go back to normal.

Will PN allow the Hub 1 to access Google's DNS servers which work, rather than their own (which obviously don't)?
4 REPLIES 4
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Why won't PN's servers work with the Hub 1?

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

What a peculiar question! If your hub one won't work I guess it's either faulty or set up incorrectly.

You can use whatever DNS server you like if you can set it up on the connecting device. If however you want to use the router default DNS then you are stuck with PN's

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Cagney1994
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

@baldrick - I fail to see how this is an odd question. I replaced the Hub1 with a Hub 0 and everthing's working fine. The Hub 0 is using Google's DNS btw.

I only received the Hub 1 about 2 weeks ago and for the first week it was absolutely fine. But then I kept getting an exclamation symbol near the Wifi one. It said I was connected but that no internet 'was available'.

I've also read that you could change the DNS from the device you're using. Checking my phone, it was using Google's. It seems PN's servers seem to override them since I still couldn't access the web.

Is that true?
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@Cagney1994 It seemed an odd question because PN's servers and routers are unquestionably compatible, many thousands of people are using this set up. The issue is that you have a problem that needs sorting.

I am also confused as to how you connect an explanation mark next to the WiFi symbol with the default DNS server. If you are dropping the internet connection then this is what needs to be investigated without worrying about the effectiveness of different DNS servers.

If things are working with your hub 0 set up but not with the hub1 then my guess would be that you have an early life failure issue with the hub1.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'