cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is Plusnet's current or best issued router to aquire?

paulo
Grafter

I can resist everything except temptation.
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Which is Plusnet's current or best issued router to aquire?

assuming that you are going to buy one rather than trying to get one free - non of them

if you are trying to get one free you don't have any choice

paulo
Grafter

Good to hear from you again Oldjim.   I've got a suspect PlusNet issued router (9X3CTB) and tried to cadge a new one but they say I must take out a new contract in order to get one.  Mean [-Censored-]!   Thought I'd get one elsewhere so was wondering what's best to look for.

Any idea what the BT Home Bub 5 is like.  Lots of cheap surplus routers on Ebay.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

9X3CTB  sounds like the wireless SSID of your router. It is not a recognised model number.

Home Hub 5 is available in either Type A or Type B variant.  The Type A is manufactured by Sagemcom and is identical to Plusnet Hub One except for differences in firmware.    The rarer Type B uses a Broadcom chipset and is manufactured by Huawei.  The Type B is perceived to be better of the two variants.

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
paulo
Grafter

Thank you bill888 for the info.  Yes, the number given was the SSID that I thought at the time, and in the dimly lit cupboard where my comms stuff is installed, was the router model number.