cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What wifi repeaters work with Plusnet routers?

gd1

What wifi repeaters work with Plusnet routers?

Hi

have now got a Plusnet router which in itself works fine.

I need to "push" the wifi signal upstairs to the top of our new home to our office where our printer and other laptops are.

My problem is that my Wireless-N repeater which worked fine in our old house with a BT router, is not being seen by the Plusnet router despite trying everything Maplins and the manual told me to try.

I noticed that the Wireless-N Wifi repeater manual states that their repeater works with 802.11n/g/b wireless networks.  Is this standard compatible with the Plusnet router?

If not, can anyone recommend a reasonably priced (£20-30) repeater that will work with the Plusnet router?

Thanks for your help

gd1

5 REPLIES 5
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: What wifi repeaters work with Plusnet routers?

What model is the Repeater ?

Edit:

You can more than likely use your old router if your using the same service ie FTTC or ADSL

Have a mooch here https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Use-a-BT-Hub-2-3-4-or-5-on-a-Plusnet-connection/td-p/1192234

gd1

Well as I wrote its a Wireless-N repeater REV3.2; thats all it says on the manual and hardware, I suppose its a generic repeater sold by Maplins.

Thanks

gd1

gd1

Hi I'm new to this so I'm not sure how to sort if I have FTTC or ADSL?

One other thing I can add is that when the repeater was seen by my old BT router I had to go via the http://192.168.10.1 route to get into the admin page.

I have tried the factory reset but it makes no difference I cannot get the Plusnet router to see the repeater.

Thanks

gd1

30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Like I said you can more than likely use your olb BT router.

What service did you order speed wise?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi I'm new to this so I'm not sure how to sort if I have FTTC or ADSL?

One other thing I can add is that when the repeater was seen by my old BT router I had to go via the http://192.168.10.1 route to get into the admin page.

I have tried the factory reset but it makes no difference I cannot get the Plusnet router to see the repeater.

Thanks

gd1

Was this the admin page specific to the repeater? It should be the same to get it to connect to the Plusnet wifi and extend that range. When you look for wifi signals, is there an unexplained one that's similarly named to the repeater (it may be pushing out a default SSID before it gets set up)

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.