cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Router

FORT

What Router

I have Plusnet Fibre and the equipment is a BT Open Reach modem and plusnet hub zero (2704N). Wifi signal isn't the best upstairs and regular resets of the router is needed so thought it was time to upgrade. Was looking at BT hub 6 but the way my equipment is setup confuses me. There is a DSL into the modem then a adsl into the router as well as ethernet from modem to router. I borrowed a friends spare hub 6 to try but it doesn't connect to internet. Master socket is the openreach mk2 type. Any thoughts or any suggestions on another modem/router to buy? Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
wisty
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: What Router

Why have you got ADSL connected to the router if you are on Fibre? It is doing nothing. How did you set up the Hub6?

If you want to try the Hub6 then disconnect the BT Modem and the Hub One and (AFTER inputting your plusnet details into the hub 6)  plug the DSL which currently goes to the modem into the HUB6's broadband port.

Full details of setting up the Hub6 are elswhere on this forum.

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-the-BT-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-Account/m-p/1587673#M85...

FORT

Re: What Router

Hi. No idea it was setup that way when they came out to switch to fibre. Pulled it out and it still works so obviously of no use but it co fused me. Followed the instructions on the bt hub and it's worked so thanks for that.
James