Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird DNS issues have returned to Hub One

sallonoroff
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Weird DNS issues have returned to Hub One

Hi @bobpullen,

Dredging up a topic from March here (that i unfortunately can't reply do anymore)...

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Connectivity-issues-in-last-few-days-PlusNet-DNS-issue/m-p/1...

Everything has been pretty much fine since you upgraded the firmware on my Hub One back (no more 5GHz weirdness, thankfully) but twice recently the DNS issue described in the above post has reoccurred. That is, any devices on my network that weren't using non-PN DNS servers couldn't resolve anything. IP addresses could be pinged, but not domain names. The only way to resolve this was - as before - to disconnect the broadband and turn off the router for a few minutes.

This happened on 18 November at some time between 12:50 and 13:20, and today at about 14:20.

Any ideas?

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Weird DNS issues have returned to Hub One

Hi there,

Pleased to report that we've cracked that particular problem now and the fix will feature in the next major firmware update.

In the meantime, I've pushed a build to your router that should sort it. You'll need to power the router off/back on at your side to apply the update.

Let me know how it goes.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵