cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want a better router

itsj
Dabbler

Want a better router

Have been on the PlusNet broadband only essentials package for about 5 years now and still on the original Speedtouch router which only has facility for a single ethernet connection and no Wi-Fi.

How do I get a better one which also supports Wi-Fi.  Would there be a charge and/or would PlusNet expect me to upgrade to an unlimited package or one with line rental as well.

7 REPLIES 7
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Want a better router

If you give us a call on 0800 013 2632 I'm sure we can get something arranged for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

just buy one - a basic router isn't expensive

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

I've seen this one recommended a few times.

markhawkin
Pro
Fixes: 11

@itsj

It would be worth going through the retentions department and seeing what they will offer you. You might get a router thrown in with a re-contract. If you have line rental saver getting a deal that fits with your line rental saver renewal date will enable you to get a better deal. The attraction of a modern Plusnet router is that it will configure itself when plugged in.

If you just want ADSL (not fibre) more or less any router from Ebay will do you (don't buy one that was for Sky etc.).

I used a NETGEAR DG834GT for a while and that was OK and goes for a few pounds.

I am the satisfied customer....
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi there @itsj As your router is out of warranty and you're currently on legacy package we no longer sell, if you would like a replacement router you may need to recontract on Unlimited broadband.

Alternatively, you could purchase a new router from us outright, or buy a third party router yourself.

The best number to get us on to discuss this is the number above.

I hope this helps.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
maulz
Grafter

i've just splashed out on an asus dsl-ac68u an awesome bit of kit that works great with my plusnet account. the wifi is really strong and fast with 5g as well and it does all sorts of geeky stuff i wont bore you with. having had  stock isp supplied routers for quite a few years its great to see how much the better the midrange stuff now is. recomended.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Awesomeness, thanks for the feedback. Thumbs_Up

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button