Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WPS warning light was locked on

FIXED
ejon66
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

WPS warning light was locked on

Last night, Sunday evening, I had a little difficulty with using Amazon which I put down to the internet traffic. It was only for about half hour and soon returned to normal.

Later we noticed that the WPS light was flashing on the plusnet 2704n router and did not stop after two minutes as it does when using it to add devices for WiFi.

I switched the power off for a couple of minutes and then the router lights all returned to normal with the WPS light not showing.

I have tried looking for the problem and don't really wish to disable the WPS as seems to be the thread of these posts.

All I need to know is if anyone knows why it might happen and should I be concerned about it as I assume my router was open for anyone to link in?

I do not have fibre just standard broadband and the router is on constantly.

3 REPLIES 3
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Re: WPS warning light was locked on

Fix

Hi @ejon66,

Yeah there is no real reason as to why this flashes and this could be down to if any device in the vicinity interrogates the the SSID but there is nothing to be concerned about with this.

If you disable the WPS feature through the advanced settings in the router it will stop the flashing and any access required to the wifi network would only be available by typing in your wireless password.

ejon66
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Hi @BenB. Many thanks for that. Much appreciated .

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

No problems @ejon66 and if you need any further assistance then just get in touch and we'll be more than happy to help.