Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WPS warning light was locked on. Again.

ejon66
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

WPS warning light was locked on. Again.

Today I have had the problem again with the WPS light staying on ,flashing constantly until I turned the router off and on again. I have found it happens if I connect a new device by using the manual password. Once I enter the password the router WPS light comes on and starts flashing away until the router is turned off.

If I use the WPS button to auto connect, the light starts flashing and goes off after the two minute time out as it should do.

It seems that the router has a glitch when the password is entered manually. Everything else is fine phone and broadband is no problem .

Sorry if this should not be a new thread but the previous one is 'fixed' so I didn't think I could add to it.

1 REPLY 1
ejon66
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: WPS warning light was locked on. Again.

Getting a bit worried so used Plusnet chat line. After some discussion a new router was suggested at ,wait for it, £46.99.

It seems the routers warranty lasts for one year with another three  months because I agreed another two year contract.

I was around a week out of warranty. Anyway the advisor was very helpful and it ended up with me paying the postage only and a new router is on its way. Still left a little bad feeling about Plusnet. Its not the cost its the principal.

Had I opened a ticket when it first appeared last December it would probably been supplied free of charge.

Quite wrongly thought that your ISP provided routers and replaced faulty ones while you are in contract . Have to remember it when the contract renewal comes around. 

How does it go "we will do you proud". Just feel I've been done. Sorry.