Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIred PC not seeing PN Hub One

FIXED
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

WIred PC not seeing PN Hub One

Any advice appreciated on this problem; have got out an old Vista PC which connects to PN Hub One fine on wireless, but not on wired, with wifi turned off.
Attach couple of screenshots, where Hub Home Network map shows the errant PC, but as "not connected"

if just on wired.

Historically never had an issue with any device wired into previous routers, but am stumped on this.

Updated the Realtec drivers for the LAN card but still only connects to Local Network.

I can't right click on Vista's properties unfortunately on router status pop up, as I would normally ferret around in there.

Needed a LAN connection to do some speed tests.

2 REPLIES 2
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: WIred PC not seeing PN Hub One

Fix

On the LAN picture is says the IP address is 192.168.0.1 but the home net work  connections are using 172.16.0.x 

the PC needs to either use DHCP or have its IP address etc changed

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: WIred PC not seeing PN Hub One

Thanks; I had noticed that, but I seem to be unable to change anything on the Vista side re ip address at mo;  PN router won't allow me to set that as static IP as "out of range".
DHCP on Vista machine is showing as not enabled, and I don't seem to be able to turn on Sad

Smiley UPDATE Smiley

Have managed to sort rogue IP address by booting in SAFE MODE, and now all hunky dory
& Vista LAN seeing PN Hub. Tks.

LAN speed shows slight improvement over WAN figures, but upload still under 50% of that reported on hub.