cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI password stopped working

Alison26

WIFI password stopped working

Can anyone help? My wifi has stopped working on my phone and when I try to reconnect I'm getting a message that the password is incorrect, which it's definitely not!

I've opened a case with Plusnet today re my internet connection (separate issue) and wondering if Plusnet service desk have changed my password to investigate and forgotten to reset it back?

Having to use 4G on my phone which is a pain.

Thanks

Alison

4 REPLIES 4
bbpn
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: WIFI password stopped working

Maybe you could try resetting the wifi password on the router?

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @Alison26,

I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with the WiFi password and for any inconvenience this has caused. We are unable to change the wireless password as this can only be done at your side by logging into the router while being connected to that network connection.

I would recommend resetting your router by placing a pin like structure into the reset hole on the back of the router until the light flashes green. Allow it to set it self back up and try again on multiple devices.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Router.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Alison26

Thank you but this is not a password issue. the connection came back after I'd logged the issue but then kept dropping out again.

Spoke with Plusnet yesterday and was advised to turn off mobile data as this was competing with the WIFI. Seems odd as I've never had this issue with my previous provider Sky. Anyway it has helped although not stopped it dropping out completely.

Openreach are booked to check the line so hope they can fix it as my previous standard broadband with Sky worked better then the Plusnet 'high speed'.