cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI keeps disconnecting

NTO
Grafter

Re: WIFI keeps disconnecting

Ok so I am now really losing my patience with this stupid state of affairs.  

@BD   Why don't you try reading my posts properly before asking me which frequency is causing the trouble?  

Oh, I know.  So the forum looks like Plusnet are trying to be helpful and my request is technically responded to, i.e. the last post is from a staff member, not an unhappy customer.  

Like untold numbers of your colleagues who have come and gone, you have notched up another post, but have not actually helped me at all.  Not reading the history properly and treating me like a mushroom.  Tell you what, why doesn't someone answer the following question honestly? ....

WHY is it going to possibly take another 3 days to do a roll-back?   

and just how complicated is it to push a few buttons to send it down the line?  

You are all leading me a merry dance and trying to buy time by asking repeat questions over and over. 

I think you want me to give up and buy another router.  But why should I be forced to do that?  

I've had enough of this wriggling around trying to blame everything and anyone else, other than your own software engineers who have changed the way the router fires out the dual signals.  It has been a process of elimination and you have no excuses left now. 

You have wasted far too much of my time.  If the roll back isn't done early tomorrow, then I will be taking this to another level both within Plusnet and externally. 

Seriously [-Censored-] off.   

You have NOT done me proud.  

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) Avoidance of swear filter removed

NTO
Grafter

Why has my latest post been deleted since last night?  

NTO
Grafter

I wrote a reply last night and they didn't like it.  So guess what they did.  Yup just deleted it. 

NTO
Grafter

@BD  You need to either reinstate my full post from last night or explain why it has been removed.  

I did not break forum rules.  

It looks like you can't face up to a customer whose patience has been pushed to the limit.  

NTO
Grafter

@dvorak  Still no roll-back from my request before Christmas. 

My latest post has been deleted because I had the audacity to express frustration.  

It just gets better and better. 

NTO
Grafter

@bobpullen

I notice that you were working yesterday and assisting other people.  

You seem to have abandoned me for some reason.  

After the new router was sent and didn't solve the problem, I asked for a firmware roll-back, before Christmas.  

I am still waiting. 

In the meantime, staff members who have not read all my posts are asking me repeat questions.  

Is this roll-back being deliberately avoided because you know that if it works, you do have a problem with the firmware updates? 

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

Post released from the Spam filter. 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
NTO
Grafter

So using some *** is classed as swearing?!  Protecting school kids?  Funny  

Thanks for reinstating @dvorak

Now lets see if I get any technical help this morning ... 

NTO
Grafter

still waiting

NTO
Grafter

@dvorak  My separate post (written in frustration at slow assistance) wasn't a good headline for Plusnet was it?  But it is a more accurate title than the firmware update one you've selected to lock to, in order to limit my inconvenient voice on the forums.  Of course, I have to put up with umpteen different staff replying to me, rather than one person following it through to reach a swift resolution.   

I would be staying put in this thread, because it is more relevant, except that responses from staff dried up once I started losing patience and expressing frustration.  

That frustration continues. 

... no doubt over the weekend as well now. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @NTO

While I appreciate and I sincerely apologise for the frustration and delay in getting this sorted out I'm afraid we're doing all we can to get the firmware updated in your router as soon as possible.

Your posts have not been deleted but there were caught in the automated spam filter and I believe have been released.

While we can't stop you with posting multiple times, we're aware of every post you do as we'd pull every post in this board through our internal systems and posting repeated times to be honest only serves to slow us down, nothing more.

I'm also pretty sure that Bob is on these forums mostly in his own time to help out when and where he can. 

I believe I've replied to you over here since your latest post on this thread.

Can we keep the conversation on one thread please? It makes it difficult to keep track of what's going on if you cross post across one or more threads for the exact same issue.

Thanks.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

@NTO wrote:

@dvorak  My separate post (written in frustration at slow assistance) wasn't a good headline for Plusnet was it?  But it is a more accurate title than the firmware update one you've selected to lock to, in order to limit my inconvenient voice on the forums.  Of course, I have to put up with umpteen different staff replying to me, rather than one person following it through to reach a swift resolution.   

I'm not bothered about 'headlines' for PN.

What I am bothered about is keeping the forums in order and spamming the forum with multiple posts doesn't help anyone - it diverts and wastes staff time and doesn't help other posters.

You might like to refresh yourself of the Forum rules

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
NTO
Grafter

@Gandalf  I think you've identified (as in other threads by customers) the problem with using a customer community forum as a fault-fixing service by technical staff.  I was directed by a CS agent to access help on the forum (as well as a fault ticket), so when help doesn't arrive fast enough, please understand our frustration in trying to get someone to respond, when responses dry up or help is very slow in coming forward.  

Customers sharing experiences across different threads should not be a crime on a forum, but I can understand your problem when it is being used as a central CS tool and someone starts multiple conversations. 

I will be more than happy to shut up, once this is sorted!   

NTO
Grafter

@dvorak  Fair enough.  I can see your point.  

But please be just as patient as I have been in trying to get this fault fixed. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I'm pretty sure we've been replying to you almost every single day, more than once or twice on several occasions, so we're definitely not ignoring you at all and I'm sorry if it's come across that way.

It's not a crime to post across more than one thread, but it serves no purpose when it's basically just you and us replying over two threads which means that we've got to keep track of two threads instead of one and things can ultimately be missed.

It's also worth noting that while we pull every single post in this board through our internal social media response tool and reply accordingly where appropriate, repeated posts on a topic can push the topic to the back of the queue.

Thanks.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet