Did you mean: 

WIFI keeps disconnecting

NTO
Grafter

Re: WIFI keeps disconnecting

@RandallFlagg  

Further to my reply on Thursday.... 

(not heard anything from @bobpullen ) 

I got a call from a guy called [CSA Removed] who asked me to change the Wireless Interface type to up to 300Mb/s. 

Did that.  Has not fixed the problem.  

The new router is running version firmware version 259. 

It obviously needs to be rolled back to the one before (since 263 didn't solve the problem either)

BUT!!! .... 

Will there be technical help on Christmas Day and Boxing Day?   
At the moment, the TV and 5Ghz wi-fi is functioning, so we REALLY don't want that messed up over Christmas!   I'm happy to wait for the roll-back to be done on the 27th, so long as you've got someone available if it goes wrong somehow!   

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) CSA name removed as per Forum rules

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @NTO 

We have tech Support staff in on the 25th & 26th available via phone, Social Media and here on the Forums. 

Hopefully you will not require them, however! 

Thanks, 

MoR

NTO
Grafter

Hi @MasterOfReality

Many thanks for addressing my concern about being left high and dry over xmas.  

You didn't confirm that you guys would push out the firmware roll-back?   (As a temp. fix) 

Is is going to happen, or not, and when, please?!! 

This is all driving me a bit  Crazy2  

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @NTO, I've passed it over to our products team to see if they can do the roll-back, however to be honest it's likely it won't get picked up until after the New Year.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
NTO
Grafter

"We'll do you proud"  

Outstanding customer service.  

Honestly?  That's not what it feels like from this end. 
Polite staff?  yes. 
Fast and effective?  no.  

The Hub One Router firmware has been messed up and there doesn't appear to be any urgency to fix it ... and to help customers like us, who are struggling with unstable and un-usable weak wi-fi.  

Love to be proven wrong, but it looks like we'll just be expected to put up with it for another couple of weeks (or more?).  

Great. 

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

I am really sorry, as I say I have passed this over to them and they will pick it up as soon as they can. If you need any assistance in the meantime however please just get back to us.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
NTO
Grafter

So I get now I get a message on my ticket asking me what firmware version I have!!!  

I already explained, but here it is for you guys again ...

14:36:48, 16 Dec. ( 29.970000) System up, firmware version: 4.7.5.1.83.8.259

The wi-fi is still a bleeping nightmare... all over xmas ... painfully slow and frequently dropping out even though I'm almost sat in front of the router!   Trying to get on with work today has been very difficult. 

Just to make sure we don't have more wasted time, please don't bother trying to update to v 263 because that didn't help either.  We need to go back to the version before this one, whilst you get 263 sorted.  

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Have you included this reply on the ticket?

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @NTO,

Please accept my apologies for any confusion the ticket has caused, I have added a link to this post on the ticket for visibility as it does not appear that it is included.

I have resent this request to our products team to rollback the firmware version.

Thank you.

Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
NTO
Grafter

Well the products team are obviously on a nice long holiday ... or I am not a priority ... even after being so patient, polite and putting up with the faulty w-fi for SOOOOO long.  Sad 

Thanks for your reply - we'll see if your re-request to them results in any resolution anytime soon. 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We'll update you as soon as we know more

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
NTO
Grafter

still waiting     

NTO
Grafter

@RandallFlagg  @MasterOfReality @LaurenB

No roll-back applied. 

Still waiting.  

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @NTO, I can see the firmware change request has been requested correctly and you should see the firmware change happen your side over the next few days. Just to set your expectations however, we aren't sure that the wireless issues you're seeing are solely firmware related as being you've already tried 2 firmware versions and the issues persist already it hints that it's more so wireless interference effecting the speeds you're seeing as opposed to the firmware. Keeping in mind also that if wireless interference is occurring in the vicinity then regardless of how close you are to the router you could very well see varying speeds and connection. I appreciate you've mentioned that there's nothing you're aware of both in the area or when checking other router channels that could be behind wireless interference however there's a endless list that can interfere with this connection type and is the main reason behind why we don't guarantee set speeds over wireless along with most other providers.

One thing I can see hasn't been asked yet which comes to mind is that I can see you mentioned your son connects to the 5GHz frequency, is this the same frequency you connect too and have been seeing issues with? As personally I've found the 2.4Ghz standard wireless channel to be one which offers a much stronger signal in terms of distance which may be worth trying if you've only solely used 5GHz.
I'd suggest monitoring the firmware also over the coming few days and by all means if you haven't been manually pushed through the firmware change by 06/01/19 please do let us know and we'll chase this up for you.

neilwoods
Dabbler

Funny how everyone's WiFi drop only started after the firmware updates. Must be the WiFi fairies you refer to, playing havoc on plus net customers. Did you send a list of addresses for them to interfere with then.

Yes 2.4ghz will indeed travel further due to it's longer wavelength.

Have run windows based spectrum spy software using RTL-SDR, poor mans version of rf spectrum analyser. Also live in a house whose walls are granite and nearly 1.5 feet thick, so no external or internal interference of any kind.

So next excuse is?