cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD MyCloud NAS not recognised

Mark25

WD MyCloud NAS not recognised

New Plusnet customer. 

Plugged my WD Mycloud NAS into one of the Ethernet ports in back of Plusnet Hub One router. Nothing. In previous Virgin router the NAS device is automatically read and I can access immediately. 

I phoned the Plusnet customer service and they informed me it is not compatible. I assume the WD MyCloud NAS is a very popular NAS device and am surprised by this.

Has anybody out there had connection problems with WD MyCloud device and Plusnet Hub One Router?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: WD MyCloud NAS not recognised

Hi @Mark25 

Sorry you seem to be having issues with your NAS device. 

I'm a little surprised that it was auto recognised by your previous ISP, in my experience NAS devices need to be set up manually - but please correct me if this one is different as I am in no way claiming to know all about the specifics of your device. 

Should a NAS device work on our connection? Theoretically I can see no reason as to why the answer to this would be anything but "yes". 

I'm afraid our 1st line tech support agents are not trained in offing support on setting up 3rd party devices, this would class as being inside your home network and (with the greatest of respect) is down to the user to set up. 

I hope that one of our forum regulars (or other staff members (looking at you here @Gandalf)) might have more information on this particular devices and its incorporation within a Plusnet home network. 

I'll ask about for you. 

Watch this space... 

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Is the NAS set to retrieve it's IP assignment etc. over DHCP or have you statically assigned some of the settings in the past? Could be your Virgin router was on a different range.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

From a quick Google the default subnet on Virgin superhub is 192.168.0.0. You will need to change the IP address on the NAS box.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

I have a WD MyCloud NAS and it worked fine with PN and the Hub 1, so does sound like configuration is the issue.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Try a factory reset. See https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=13986 for an example.

Then start again.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

I run a WD MyCloudMirror. Have you downloaded the "WD Access" software. Once installed it will check your network searching for any WD device. From the systray icon you can select settings and that will take you to the web interface of any device it has found. You can also map devices using the app.

markhawkin
Pro
Fixes: 12

@Mark25

It is possible to change the DHCP range for the Hub One to 192.168.0.1

Try that and the Hub One will be in the same address range as the Virgin router.

I've a WD MyCloud NAS and while it isn't the worlds best NAS it works OK. I don't currently use a Hub One but can't see why it wouldn't work.

To find the WD MyCloud's IP address try "Fing" https://www.fing.io/

I am the satisfied customer....