cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow wifi

peter_10
Hooked

Very slow wifi

In the past week - our internal wifi has dropped off horribly - it can't maintain three users - just browsing internet - no video...

For one computer to watch iplayer - need to turn all the others off...

This wasn't true last week....

We've two windows 10 computers - they don't appear to be updating / downloading - but I'm struggling to think of anything else.

Is there a way to measure wifi speed - i.e. from router to computer - rather than outside world to router?

4 REPLIES 4
Gel
All Star
Fixes: 24

Re: Very slow wifi

Download a free wifi analyser app, and check channels in your locality, that are used
by neighbours.
Then choose channels that are not / least used.
Assuming you have dual band router, ensure the SSID's are unique too.
5ghz band currently is far less populated, but has less range than 2.4ghz.
peter_10
Hooked

channels look ok - neighbours channels aren't very close.  

As far as I can tell - isn't a dual band router - so only have 2.4Ghz available.

The router is white, Sagemcom 2704N model....  We've not been with plusnet all that long - is this an old router?

Gel
All Star
Fixes: 24

That's what they supply to ADSL clients I believe; another option is to try your old router and reconfigure to PN
settings, to see if that helps. Plenty of Openreach Routers on E Bay; these can be configured to work on PN too.
Mads
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 79

Hey @peter_10,

Thanks for reaching to us here and apologies for the delay in response.

From what you've mentioned it wholly sounds like a WiFi issue, I've performed some testing on the line and there doesn't appear to be any issues. With that being said the advice @Gel's provided is pretty much the troubleshooting steps we'd ask you to take. Please check out this link here and let us know how you get on.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Maddy S
 Plusnet Help Team