cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN newbie and PIA

Secretsquirrel1

VPN newbie and PIA

Dear all, I am very must a newbie as far as VPN is concerned and have purchased Private Internet Access PIA , I've looked at forums but can't see whether PIA works with Fibre and the hubone. I would appricate any advise to confirm that I can use it and any guidance would be MOST appreciated.. thank you kindly.
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

Re: VPN newbie and PIA

You won't be able to run a VPN tunnel on the router(Hub One) itself but you should be able to run the PIA application on your devices.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

You could get a raspberry pi 3 and use that as a VPN server. Plenty of tutorials around, or you could go crazy with an old pc and build a firewall/router out of that which would be pretty good. or the easy way would be to pick a router with at least a 1.4gig cpu minimum and go that route.

caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

We had our devices with an individual VPN client installed but we've just ordered a pre-configured VPN router with VPN subscription service & which was cheaper than buying a router & installing my existing VPN.

This eliminates the need to remember if devices are VPN connected or not.