cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VDSL on ASUS AC87U and VIGOR 130

chris-w
Grafter

VDSL on ASUS AC87U and VIGOR 130

I have just upgraded from ADSL to Fibre / VDSL and was advised I'd need to change my DrayTek 120 to a DrayTek 130 which would be able to work with the VDSL line.

All my settings were left as they were on the ASUS AC87U as nothing there needed changing (to my knowledge) and I switched on the DrayTek 130 which connected after about 60 seconds to the original ADSL line and nothing had changed at all.

I did try and switch it to VDSL and also changed a lot of other settings but I am just not able to get my service working on the fibre connection!?

Below are screenshots of the ASUS and DrayTek settings. I'd really appreciate a bit of help on this! 

9 REPLIES 9
chris-w
Grafter

Re: VDSL on ASUS AC87U and VIGOR 130

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

If the modem connected on ADSL you have not been upgraded yet, can be anytime up to midnight. I expect you had an e-mail saying your upgrade is complete or similar but that is just an admin message saying your account has changed, not that BT Openreach have changed your line in the cabinet. It should happen later today hopefully.Smiley

chris-w
Grafter

I had a feeling this was the case, To add to the annoyance I spoke to someone this morning at 'Tech Support' who advised me that the VDSL can work in ADSL mode as well and all I needed to do was switch it to VDSL so I have potentially wasted hours today trying to figure out what on earth is going on.

I really wish the Tech support people knew what they were talking about!

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Unfortunately you have been misinformed causing you to waste your time, although it is true most VDSL modems will work on ADSL lines if configured to do so as yours did, you can't have ADSL and VDSL at the same time on a line and switch from one service to the other.

chris-w
Grafter

Thanks for your knowledge guys! I guess I'll just wait fore the ADSL to stop working and then hopefully either the modem will reconnect automatically with the VDSL or I'll have to go in and change a few settings.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @chris-w,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had this experience. I've taken a look into your account today and I can see that you have since spoken with our support team regarding the activation date for the fibre services and a summary of this can be found here.

If you have any issues getting connected to the fibre services once they have gone live please let us know and we'll be happy to investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
chris-w
Grafter

HI @TheMightyAJ Thanks for the message, it's just frustrating as I got an email advising me that it would be changed over on the 20th so I'm sitting there like a plum trying to figure out whats going on and had to make a call to find out.

It would be super helpful to your customers if you advised them of any connection date changes as and when you know them.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @chris-w,

I'm very sorry that you weren't made aware that your activation date had changed and for the inconvenience that this has caused. I've passed on feedback regarding your experience here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
smoothpainting
Grafter

The Vigor 130 in it’s default configuration should auto detect between ADSL & VDSL modes so can be left in situ prior to the upgrade.