cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a spare Hub One on an ADSL2+ line

FIXED
psguare

Using a spare Hub One on an ADSL2+ line

I have two Plusnet lines at different addresses, one is Fibre the other ADSL2+ (exchange only line Sad).

I use a third-party router on the fibre line, so I have a Hub One going spare that I’d like to use on the ADSL line instead of the 2704n.

Am I safe to just change the username/password in the admin interface on the Hub One to match the other line, or will that cause issues with Plusnet’s remote management system? Will firmware update rollouts etc. work as expected?

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Using a spare Hub One on an ADSL2+ line

If it works like the BT hubs these call in regularly to check for updates so firmware updates are account independant.

Of course you will no longer be able to use the reset switch unless you also update the user name and password. Remember that you can't change these unless you first disconnect the link to the external infrastructure.

If one of the helpful Plusnet staffers who know about these things comes along they will hopefully offer to register your Hub One to your ADSL account if you give them the serial number.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

psguare

Ah ha, that sounds promising Thumbs_Up. Let’s see if a helpful staffer drops by on Monday, if not I’ll try my luck with a support ticket.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Fix

Drop me a message with the username of the ADSL account and the serial number and MAC address of the Hub One and I'll sort it the next time I'm logged into the corporate network.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵