cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Hub One with an EERO

Lennox1971

Using Hub One with an EERO

Hi - I wodner if anyone can help.

Just bought an eero to get a better spread of wifi around the house. I have read conflicting advice on using the eero with a hub one. Some of the older posts mention that it cant be done and that you need to buy a modem. Others are saying that you can tun off the 2.4 and 5ghz wifi in the router settings. Im just wondering if plusnet have updated the router firmware?  as these mesh routers are going to be more and more popular as they come down to affordable levels.

Appreciate any up to date thoughts - Regards

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Using Hub One with an EERO

The eero is a replacement router with mesh network. To get the most out of it would you need a modem to plug the eero into.

You can switch the wifi off on your hub one and plug the eero into it but you won't get the full benefit of all its features.

Something like the BT Whole Home WiFi would create a mesh network without having to replace the router.

Eero and the like are very geared towards the US market where the providers give you a modem and you plug your own router in.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Lennox1971

Thanks - I have bought the eero now (£70 from amazon) so determined to make it work with plusnet !!

when you say "wont get all the benefits of its features" - can you expand?

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

To be honest no as I've never used one, but I understand that there are features such as restricting access etc. that may not fully work.
Also think you would need to swtich off any firewall on the eero and dhcp to access any wired network devices.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Lennox1971

No problem - might trying turning off the wifi on the router and see what happens. Will report back for other future users!

Samleech

Hey! Did you have luck using eero with the plus net hub? Was it as simple as plug and play?