cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from ADSL can I use my hub one before i get the notification?

FIXED
bravoecho75
Grafter

Upgrading from ADSL can I use my hub one before i get the notification?

Thought I'd seen a thread/question before, but can't find it.  Can I swap the hub one for the existing thompson now, or do I have to wait for the message saying fibre has gone live?

3 REPLIES 3
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: Upgrading from ADSL can I use my hub one before i get the notification?

Fix
You can swap now.
markhawkin
Pro
Fixes: 12

@bravoecho75

You can use your new hub one prior to your "fibre" broadband going live.

I found that once the fibre service had really started (which doesn't happen when Plusnet send the e-mail saying it has) then I needed a router factory reset to get it going again and some intervention from Plusnet before I got the fibre speed.

I had the Hub One  connected for ADSL as I was going to be away when the change over was actually going to happen and there would have been big trouble at home if the Internet was broken until I returned.

As it was, service could be restored until I got home and had a proper look.

I found the whole process poorly communicated by Plusnet as the e-mail which says your service has gone live really seems to mean that Openreach have scheduled the work.

I had a previously failed fibre migration because I was moving my phone line to Plusnet and because that was pending I couldn't have the fibre upgrade.

On the positive side, now it is going I've been very pleased with the 80/20 service (currently measured at 69/18 on my phone over WiFi).

Doing this again, I might have left the previous arrangements in place until the fibre change over. At least I now know a factory reset of the Hub One seems to be needed.

I am the satisfied customer....
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

That's not normally the situation, if the router doesn't automatically resync to VDSL all that would be required is a simple disconnect/reconnect.