cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to WiFi, always reconnects to hub page

Mysilentundoing

Unable to connect to WiFi, always reconnects to hub page

I'm not able to stay connected to my WiFi on my newly set up broadband account. So far I've tried on my mobile (android) and it keeps saying "Connected, no internet" or "click here to sign in" and takes me back to the hub page.

I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting through the hub page (it shows setup@etc as the broadband user and I've tried to reset this manually but it won't accept my username and password and says I'm not connected until I press the reset button), and resetting the hub. I'm at a bit of a loss really.
3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Unable to connect to WiFi, always reconnects to hub page

@Mysilentundoing  if the router is still showing the username as setup@plusdsl.net that typically means that your plusnet account has failed to activate automatically following the broadband activation. The router is designed to configure itself with your correct username once it makes the initial connection using the setup username.

Hopefully one of the Plusnet help team will spot this thread and activate your account manually

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@Mysilentundoing 

If you want to enter your Plusnet details manually you first need to disconnect your DSL connection. You can either click the disconnect field on the router, enter your username followed by @plusdsl.net plus your password then click connect or simply unplug the DSL line either at the router or the filter whilst you enter these details.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @Mysilentundoing,

Sorry you've been having issues but I have a feeling you've now resolved the problems you've been having, no doubt because of the above Community superstars. I can see as of about 3 and a half hours ago you have an active connection so you shouldn't be getting that annoying 'sing in' page. If you're still having issues please let us know, but if not enjoy!