Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to Internet

FIXED
Stephen_W

Unable to connect to Internet

Hi,

Just tried connecting my Hub 1 as I have just got Plusnet Fibre. Unfortunately despite following the instructions, I can’t access the internet at all. I note that as can be seen in the attached photo, the username is setup@plusdsl.net, rather that my user name.

I have received an  e-mail saying that my fibre broadband was ready to go. I am wondering if my account has actually been activated, and if there was any chance one of the team can check for me.

Thanks

Stephen

3 REPLIES 3
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Unable to connect to Internet

Usually the router will automatically change the  user name from "setup@plusdsl.net" to your own user name in the format xyz@plusdsl.net  and also your password would  be added automatically. .thats what you should see. 

If it does not do this try logging in to the router, and change "setup" to your actual username. Then enter your password. 

bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Fix

If hub rejects the username, you will have to telephone Plusnet to get them to activate your account.  Perhaps ask them to check your new Hub One is linked/registered to your account too.

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
Stephen_W

Thanks for your help guys. I called Plusnet, and was up and running in minutes.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.