cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to Chromecast

noguru48

Unable to connect to Chromecast

I have a first generation Chromecast connected to a Samsung Smart Tv. Was working fine before Christmas. Have now spent two frustrating weeks trying to reconnect. Most of time during in set up it is finding neighbours networks but not mine. Have added my Plusnet network manually and it won't connect. Very occasionally my Plusnet network does appear but still not able to connect.

Anyone else had similar experience and found a solution. 

2 REPLIES 2
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Unable to connect to Chromecast

Sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your Chromecast. Have you tried factory resetting the Chromecast? You should be able to do this by

"Holding down the button (next to the micro USB port) on your Chromecast for at least 25 seconds or until the solid light begins flashing. Then disconnect the USB power cable. Wait a few seconds. Connect the USB cable again. This will factory reset Chromecast (factory data reset)."

I can't say I've noticed any problems with my Gen 2 Chromecast recently.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Unable to connect to Chromecast

@noguru48, I'm not aware of any issues affecting Chromecasts, however I've upgraded your hub to the latest available firmware build so we can rule that out. Let me know if it's helped.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵