cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect my Android phone to my router - could connect to NHS while at hospital appointment

nellynel

Unable to connect my Android phone to my router - could connect to NHS while at hospital appointment

Hi, everyone -

I have a very peculiar problem.

I can connect my laptop to my Plusnet router - but not my Android phone...

There cannot be a problem with my Android phone, because I could connect to NHS Guest wi-fi while at my hospital appointment this afternoon.

Tried resetting the Plusnet router to factory settings many times - no success.

Can anyone help me, please?

Cheers in advance.

- nellynel

[Removed]

Moderators Note: Personal information removed

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Unable to connect my Android phone to my router - could connect to NHS while at hospital appoint

@nellynel 

Which Plusnet Hub have you got? See https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-information/

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Unable to connect my Android phone to my router - could connect to NHS while at hospital appo...

Hiya @nellynel, thanks for getting in touch.

I am really sorry for the issues that you're having connecting your phone to the WiFi and for the hassle this causes, I'd like to do what I can to help! Thanks for confirming  you can connect it to other networks Smiley

Can you please provide some further information on the issue ie, do you get an error message when trying to connect it/ does the network not show on the available list/ when did the issue start?

If you have a Hub One and not already done so, you can split your routers wireless frequencies and see if this helps. (you can find help on how to do this here).

If you can please also pop me over a PM with your username (to send a PM, click on my name and then to the right, there will be a grey button to 'send private message' and in the message please include a link to this thread), I can see if I can have a check of your router remotely for you too. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team