cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access Swann CCTV DVR

Jef
Hooked

Unable to access Swann CCTV DVR

Help help help I'm unable to access my DVR via my router! Swann have told me that my service provider (plusnet) need to unblock the ports but Plusnet say they do not provide this service! so I'm at a total loss.

can anyone help please?

10 REPLIES 10
Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

Re: Unable to access Swann CCTV DVR

Hi @Jef Welcome to the forum. This is something you can do yourself. Reply back with the router model you have and someone will give you the instructions on how to do this, assuming your router supports port forwarding.

Edit: Typo

Jef
Hooked

Hi

My router is a Sagemcom plusnet hub one.

thanks

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

Thanks @Jef A quick search of the forum found this, and may be exactly what you are looking for.

Jef
Hooked

Hi

Yes I found the same myself but still no help, My DVR worked fine until in changed internet provider!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

@Jef  have you set a static IP on the DVR ? For the Hub one , that would need to be somewhere in the range 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.63.

Then you should be able to do the port forwarding , see the Swann guide here https://support.swann.com/s/article/OD4Wm2kQEz

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jef
Hooked

My static ip is 192.168.001.150

Jef
Hooked

Help help help I'm unable to access my DVR via my router! Swann have told me that my service provider (plusnet) need to unblock the ports but Plusnet say they do not provide this service! so I'm at a total loss.

can anyone help please?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Jef  have you forwarded the required ports on the router according to the guide I referenced above ?

You should also login to the PlusNet member centre and check that the Broadband Firewall is set to OFF https://www.plus.net/member-centre/broadband/firewall

Note , that if you have to change the firewall setting , you will need to disconnect & reconnect the broadband connection for any change to take effect

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jef
Hooked

Hi thanks again, but I've tried this but the ports are still closed!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

In that case, either the port forwarding isnt setup correctly or the DVR isnt connected