Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off firewall

Jovin123
Grafter

Turn off firewall

hi All

I am using my old TG582n as a access point to extend wifi connected to Hub One via homeplug. Would it be best to turn off the firewall on the TG582n and also Upnp and any other security settings which should be taken care of by the Hub One.

Also have a strange problem with Technicolor wheich means I can log in once only and any later attempts to log in dont work until after a power cycle, neither can I connect via Telnet however internet access is unaffected. Anyone else experienced similar?

2 REPLIES 2
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Re: Turn off firewall

imho, turning off firewall and uPnP won't really make any difference, because all your traffic through the router stays on LAN side.

I seem to recall not being able to log into webadmin interface after the router had been up for several days, is something I have witnessed when I used a TG582n with v8.C.M.0 firmware on fibre before replacing it with something better later.  I don't know whether the later v10.x firmwares corrected the problem.  I presume you have changed the LAN IP address of the TG582n.

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
Jovin123
Grafter

Re: Turn off firewall

Thanks for the reply, pretty much what I thought with regard to the firewall as you rightly point out it is only on the LAN not facing the outside world.

The IP of the 582 has indeed been changed to number outside the DHCP range of Hub One. Now seems however that I cant log into it at all even after a power off of all h/w.