cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to connect ASUS 86U router to Vodafone Sure Signal 3

Windsor_tg

Trying to connect ASUS 86U router to Vodafone Sure Signal 3

I recently bought a new ASUS RT-AC86U router and I am trying to connect it to a Vodafone Sure Signal 3 device. I have enabled port forwarding (maybe incorrectly) on the router but I cannot get the Sure Signal device to work. 

I have one solid red light showing on the SS device and one flashing white light (next to the solid red light).

The device has been happily working in the past.

Can anyone please advise what I need to do so that I can get the SS device to work? 

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Trying to connect ASUS 86U router to Vodafone Sure Signal 3

@Windsor_tg  Welcome to the forum.

This is most probably an IP address problem. You should not need to touch the port forwarding settings. 

On the Sure Signal you will find a hole labelled reset. Push a paperclip or similar in here and hold the switch closed for 20 to 30 seconds. This will return it to the initial start up conditions from which it will hopefully spring into life, see. http://devicehelp.vodafone.co.uk/filestore/devices/Vodafone/Sure%20Signal/Sure%20Signal%20User%20Gui...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Windsor_tg

Re: Trying to connect ASUS 86U router to Vodafone Sure Signal 3

thanks @Baldrick1 for your advice. After I had posted my question on the fourm, my SS device can you life and everything is now working right now. The port forwarding appeared to resolve the issue so I will leave things as they are for now. 

I did read in other forum posts that the SS device should be a fair distance away from the router and it should not share the same power supply as the router. Is that true? My SS device is about 12 inches away from the router and is plugged to the same power strip as my router