Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tp-link vr900 won't connect

runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Tp-link vr900 won't connect

I have a new Tp-link vr900  and it does not seem to like conencting to plus net as a modem / router.

Been through the set up process and it tells me there is no connection - although I know there is a VDSL signal, the modem will not sync and disconnects.

However it is fine if I use the unit as a wireless router via WAN conenction via my old BT Fibre Modem. Then I am able to log in to my Plus net account and authenticate a session.

Any ideas why this might be?

All cables and connections are good.

I have a static IP.

Many thanks

Graham

7 REPLIES 7
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: Tp-link vr900 won't connect

Even though you have a static IP address you should set up the modem to always get the IP address via DHCP (ie dynamic) You will always get the same address though.

runhare
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Browni

Not changed any DHCP options - Just gone through the standard TP lLink set up process. I Get a flashing DSL / Broadband led (should be steady)  but no Internet led. Router log in page says cables are disconnected - but they are not!

Wi Fi and Ethernet networking are OK

when used as a cable (WAN) router then it is fine and Internet led is on and steady .

Maybe the modem is faulty?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Have you tried a different DSL cable ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

runhare
Aspiring Pro

yes have tried varous DSL cables inc the one it came with. They all work fine with other modem routers

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Sounds like the router's faulty then. We've seen at least one of them before https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/TP-Link-AC1900-Archer-VR900-unable-to-connect-to-inter...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Have you ensured you're running the latest firmware?

Is the VLAN ID set to '101' in the PPP connection settings? (See attached)

I'm using the same router without any problems. 

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

runhare
Aspiring Pro

Hi Bob

Well the TP Link  unit is brand new out of the box. Can't see why it would not be running the latest firmware.But I will check.

It works in wireless router mode when I plug my BT Modem into the WAN / LAN 4 port.

VLAN Settings are exactly as you describe since for Plus net VDSL there is no other option.

Anyway have decided to return as TBH its a bit of an ugly beast as well.

Thanks for your input!

Graham