Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thompson Router

jono
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Thompson Router

Hi, Ive been with Plusnet for just short of 10 yrs, My plusnet router has once again given up the ghost.
I counted the routers ive had and found ive had a total of 7, could anyone adivise me of a decent router without breaking the bank, I know for a certain fact Plusnet wont give me one so no use asking them.
I'm on the wired up to 17 gb not fiber.
Thanks in advance
Jono
5 REPLIES 5
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Thompson Router

Although Plusnet won't give you a new router if you ring Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 you may be able to get one for just P&P although you may have to re-contract.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

jono
Aspiring Pro

Thanks, dont want to re contract though, so Ill have to see if anyone recommends one.
Jono
starfry
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hi, I would like to see recommendations for a new and decent router too.My router is quite old and limited (plusnet tg585) but I've got to know it reasonably well and have it working well for me. I'd like to change to something that allowed me to do what I do now, plus those things I cannot (such as run a decent DNS on it, syslog, etc). Any new router for me would therefore need to have a decent CLI via telnet or ssh and be feature rich.

I wonder if it might be a better approach to have separate modem and router/switch/wifi hardware.

You might attract better answers if you changed your thread header (if that's possible at all?)

markhawkin
Pro
Fixes: 12

@jono

I've got a few spare routers in the shed of various kinds including a couple of Plusnet routers (the 585s I think).

I'm sure someone you know will at least have a spare BT home hub.

Alternatively, for ADSL the Draytek 2820n goes for about £30 on ebay. That I can recommend.

I am the satisfied customer....
jono
Aspiring Pro

Hello all, I found an old Plusnet router which kept me going, anyway I looked around and got myself a TP-Link Router and so far its really good, easy to set up and best of all a 3yr warranty.

Thanks to all who replied to my post

regards

Jono