cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terribly poor wifi signal with Hub One

Monsoft
Dabbler

Terribly poor wifi signal with Hub One

I just moved to PlusNet and I can say that PlusNet Hub One wifi is really garbage. Next room dBm is -73.5 on 2GHz with and -64 dBm on 5Ghz. On Wifi Analizer I see stronger signal from my neighbours that from my wifi which mean that PlusNet Hub One router is simply garbage. In this same place I had TalkTalk router and wifi signal was really strong.

Is there any solution for this except buying new router or use TalkTalk one ?

2 REPLIES 2
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Terribly poor wifi signal with Hub One

Hi @Monsoft,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I'm really sorry to hear you are having trouble with your WiFi connectivity and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

There are a large number of potential reasons for slow speeds and sometimes these are difficult to track down.

If this does not happen on a Wired Connection, then it's likely the problem lies between your router and your devices which we don't have visibility of.

Unfortunately due to the way WiFi works there are a lot of environmental factors which can affect the wireless signal. I can see you have already tried splitting the frequencies and changing the channels - however, I would suggest trying a number of different channels other than ones recommended via the app.

Give us a nudge should you need further support.

Thanks.

Monsoft
Dabbler

Re: Terribly poor wifi signal with Hub One

I know quite well how wifi works so I did all test before I asked here.

I'm talking about signal strength in dBm's which is very low no matter what channel I choose and not even mention wifi speed. Before I moved to Plusnet I was in TalkTalk and their router was placed in this same place, and in this same place my signal strength was around -50 dBm and floor below was -64 dBm. This is why I think your router is not fit for purpose and this seems to be proved by others people comments.

I can't see in router configuration possibility to change wifi signal strength. Does it is possible to do it or this is not part of routers firmware ?

I use internet to work, and most of my devices are connected over Ethernet with 1GB backbone (proper cabling in house with comm cabinet, patch panel and more ...) but not all devices can be connected by cable hence I'm not happy with your wifi router performance.