cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible speed due to location of Wifi router - help with powerline adapters please.

rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Terrible speed due to location of Wifi router - help with powerline adapters please.

I have terrible speed due to 'line of sight' and location of router. I'm not sure if powerline adapters can be used like this but ....

I have the 2 part router combination as supplied by PN.  Could I connect the first part ( the BT box) to thefirst powerilne adapter, then the second router to the second powerline adapter in the room with me?  Would this work - using the powerline adapter to 'stretch' the connection between the two boxes?

I already have the adapters, I don't really want to connect them if there is any chance I will 'blow' something. if no chance I will give it a go.

1 REPLY 1
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Terrible speed due to location of Wifi router - help with powerline adapters please.

I believe you've since answered your own question. Smiley

Just linking your other thread here for reference: https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Can-someone-at-Plusnet-look-at-my-connection-please-Sp...

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button