cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technicolor TG582N

FIXED
Stardust1

Technicolor TG582N

My Eset security is telling me i have a lot of problems with my router.The router's firmware needs to be updated, I also need to change the DSN server setting in the router. Apparently my Internet  traffic is being directed to malicious websites This gets even better not, my router is infected with malware and the password is weak.

Please can someone advise me as to how i can fix this problem. If it can be helppppppp!!!!

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Technicolor TG582N

Go onto EBay, spend about £30 on a BT Smarthub 6, set it up following the simple instructions on this forum board, dump your obsolete Technicolour router and enjoy far better performance using a modern router whose firmware is automatically kept up to date by BT.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Ndegwa
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Fix

Thank you for getting in contact. As stated the router that is being used is something we do no longer offer to our customers and are not providing any further firmware updates. As suggested you can get a 3rd party router and use that or get in contact with our Customer Options Team and they can see what offers there are that include an updated router.

They are contactable directly on 0800 013 2632 and they are open between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lee Y
 Plusnet Help Team
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Be aware that if you are on standard broadband that all Plusnet will probably offer you is a Hub Zero. The wireless performance of these is dire.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

BillyCool
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

What @Baldrick1 said - the standard PN replacement router is not very good.

The BT HH6 is so much better.