Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPLink VR900

FIXED
stefanjan
Hooked

TPLink VR900

Trying to use this router rathar than the Plusnet router for my fibre connection. 
Whatever I try, I get wong username / password. 
This router worked fine on Talk Talk. Not really happy with the Plusnet router and all my other equipment is TP Link.
If I can't get this working then I guess I'll have to continue with the Plusnet router and switch back to TalkTalk at the end of my current contract

9 REPLIES 9
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: TPLink VR900

The information to setup your own router is here https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

stefanjan
Hooked

Hi MisterW,

Those are exactly the settings I have. Everything is setup in accordance with the instructions. 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

IIRC the tplink quick setup has Plusnet as one of the options Iin the ISP list. I'd suggest a factory reset and then go through the quick setup again. Select Plusnet Vdsl and Make sure you're using the username ( followed by @plusdsl.net ) and password that you use to login to the member centre. If that fails then post back with details of what leds are lit on the unit.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

stefanjan
Hooked

Still showing the attached message. I'm definitely using the correct username and password and all the correct  settings. 

These are the leds:

Power
On System initialization complete.

DSL

Internet

Orange No Internet connection or the modem router is operating in
Bridge mode.

Wireless 2.4GHz
On The wireless 2.4GHz band is working properly.

Wireless 5GHz
On The wireless 5GHz band is working properly.

LAN
On At least one LAN port is connected.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

You dont say whether the DSL led is on or not ?

It should be on

stefanjan
Hooked

Sorry that should have read:

DSL On DSL synchronization is established.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Fix

In that case I'm a bit stumped. I can only suggest logging in to the member centre and trying a change of password. Some routers dont like strange characters in passwords, although I didnt think the tplink ones suffered from that problem.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@stefanjan 

Are you certain that you're using the fibre not ADSL settings? Also it is not that uncommon for there to be a typo in the @plusdsl.net ending added to your username or odd spaces getting added, which are not apparant. Your symptoms suggest that you are connected to Plusnet's servers and that this is where the issue lies.

I would factory reset the hub and start again from scratch.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

stefanjan
Hooked

Thanks MisterW, changing my password did the trick.

Not sure what the problem was with the previous password but I changed from a 10 character password to an 8 character and it worked immediately.