Did you mean: 

TP Link TD-W9980 - no internet

NST
Hooked

TP Link TD-W9980 - no internet

Hi guys,
I am new Plusnet customer:)

I am on fibre unlimited extra up to 80mbps
I've swapped my Plusnet one hub to TP-LINK TD-W9980, configured it correctly using my username and password, entering VLAN of 101 and CHAP authentication. It shows the sync and also IP, gateways and DNS but there is no internet connection at all. The router has the latest firmware. I've tried automatic setup but I am getting error at the end. Tried factory restart as well. Any ideas?
10 REPLIES 10
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: TP Link TD-W9980 - no internet

Hi @NST 

Can you confirm that you still get a connection if you swap the PN H1 back into your network? 

Thanks, 

MoR

NST
Hooked

@MasterOfReality

Yes I do. No idea why there is no internet connection on TD-W9980 despite correct settings
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hmm, that's odd. Maybe one of the friendly neighbourhood forum members could offer more assistance, I've asked our mods to move this to the Router board for greater visibility as I think that's a more appropriate section.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to My Router

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

It shows the sync and also IP, gateways and DNS but there is no internet connection at all.

Can you post the Status page (redact any sensitive information as this is a public forum)

Do you have static local IP's assigned to any devices connected to the router ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

orby
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I'm using this TP Link W9980 modem on Plusnet Fibre so might be able to help with settings etc.

On the Diagnostic menu option what results does it give? (note that it might fail  "Ping default gateway" test, mine's always done that) but everything else should pass.

NST
Hooked

Sorry for no activity.
I managed to fix the issue.

Any ideas why I am only getting less than 10mbps in the that is just next to the room where the router is despite it being closer than downstairs bathroom where I am getting over 40mbps? Same problem with Plusnet hub one.

Are there any routers that will match the cabinet chipset (ECI) giving me the lowest latency and great WiFi coverage? Must be 802.11ac and up to £70-80. Thanks
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @NST, thanks for your post.

I'm afraid that so many things can affect wireless connectivity that I wouldn't like to speculate on what could be the cause of your Wi-Fi issues.

Have you done all of the usual wireless troubleshooting such as changing the wireless channel etc?

If not, take a look here.

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch should you need any further assistance.

NST
Hooked

Hi.

By looking at this stats the interleaving might be on right?
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @NST,

Interleaving is active on your line. *edit*

Upon testing your line, everything is looking great with a sync rate of 80mbs Which is the top of your expected estimates.

Your line estimates are between 80 to 67mbs.

Regardless, interleaving would also not explain the difference in wireless connectivity speeds in different rooms.

Have you followed the above guide in wireless troubleshooting outlined by @OskarPapa?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team