Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TP-Link Deco P9

FIXED
jlingard
Fixes: 1

TP-Link Deco P9

Hi - I've just installed a TP-Link Deco P9 mesh system (three mesh units) on my fibre broadband, using the original BT openreach modem. All went well for the first hour or so, but then I lost internet - I could still connect to the wifi network, but there was no connection to the internet. This went on for several hours. I tried unplugging all the new mesh gear and reconnecting my original plusnet technicolor router - but now that wouldn't work either. Same problem, I could connect to the wifi, but no internet. I began to wonder if I'd somehow broken the modem. And then, after about two hours, it spontaneously started working again. I reconnected the P9 equipment and that now works too. I just had an engineer round from 'Geeks on Wheels' to help me figure out what was going on. He checked it all out, and said it was due to the ISP, i.e. plusnet. Apparently, some ISPs can have issues with mesh systems, as they can cause problems with their equipment - so the suggestion is that my problems were caused by the plusnet equipment trying to cope with my new mesh network. Has anyone else heard of this problem? My mesh system is working fine now, but I'm rather worried it might all happen again.

2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Re: TP-Link Deco P9

Apparently, some ISPs can have issues with mesh systems, as they can cause problems with their equipment - so the suggestion is that my problems were caused by the plusnet equipment trying to cope with my new mesh network.

Complete and utter rubbish! Plusnet will have no knowledge of your mesh system it's purely local to your house.

The more likely reason you lost internet is a BT Openreach fault in the network somewhere in your area.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jlingard
Fixes: 1

Re: TP-Link Deco P9

Fix

OK, thanks - that's helpful. Always good to have a sense check of these things.