Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582n firmware update

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

TG582n firmware update

Can anyone from Plusnet tell me if there has been a firmware update rolled out to the fibre version of the TG582n router recently. I have configured my printer to be a network printer using the USB port on the router, but print requests are not getting through

My other car isn't a Ferrari
8 REPLIES 8
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: TG582n firmware update

Thanks for getting in touch @maranello

There are no firmware updates we're aware of.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
maranello
Pro

Thanks @MatthewWheeler  

So likely to be either a win10 update or an inadvertent configuration change on my part.

I strongly suspect the latter, but I'll struggle to find what I did for the initial configuration.

maranello
Pro

For anyone interested, here is an update.

I deleted and re-added the printer as I believe I had done previously, as a network printer using TCP/IP port. Test print failed 

I plugged the printer directly to my laptop via USB - this works.

I'm still none the wiser as to what has changed to prevent the printer from connecting to the network.

npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

If it helps, the following link explains how to configure the TG582n as a print server.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Link removed at poster's request.

maranello
Pro

Really????Huh

Don't click the link previous post

@npr 

Did you deliberately add the dodgy link or has someone hacked your forum account?

npr
Pro

That's a bit of a over reaction!

That link is to a PDF file download which explains in detail how to set up a Technicolor router as a print server.

I've just tested the download and although it's a bit of a faff it is the correct and legitimate file.

I spent some time and effort to find a file sharing site where I could put this file in the mistaken believe I may be helping you and I don't take kindly of you accusing me of posting a "dodgy link".

maranello
Pro

@npr 

I'm sorry if I've offended you, it wasn't my attention. However, the site you linked to itself has links to what appear to be clickbait, and images that are not safe for work. That is why I described it as dodgy.

I appreciate the time and effort many on this forum take to help others out, and you are no exception, which is why I wondered if somehow it was not you who posted the link. 

npr
Pro

Still being puzzled by your reaction I have investigated further, and after disabling my browsers adblocker I can now see the adverts on the site.

I must say I agree the adverts shown on the site are not ideal for this forum and have therefore asked the moderators if they will please remove the link.