cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582n - can connect to mobile but not notebook

Cherryyung

TG582n - can connect to mobile but not notebook

Our router have internet. All our devices (mobile phone and computer) could connect. However, the internet in computer has problem and doesn't wort.

When we connect the wifi in computer. It shows connected but with limit. This means no internet actually.

When we check what happen in the technicolor gateway, it shows the status of our mobiles as "active" and the status of the computer as "inactive".

This problem has been annoying us for more than a week. We have call the CS hotline several times and wait for more than 20mins every time (the longest one, I have listened the music for 31mins 45second!!!) but still unable to talk to any custom service officer.

I really hope someone in this forum could help us or if any custom service officer see my post could contact us and help.

Thank you so much in advance!
4 REPLIES 4
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Re: TG582n - can connect to mobile but not notebook

Hello and welcome to the community forums.

Could you please give some more information about the notebook computer. Such as operating system, manufacturer and model name/number.
That's RPM to you!!
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

In addition to @RPMozley request for more details about your notebook, have you tried connecting Notebook to router using ethernet cable ?

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
Cherryyung

Hi RPMozley & @bill888

We have three computers (basically all) cannot connect. One is Fujitsu, window 7. One is Lenovo Window 8 (or 10 i am not 100% sure). The third one is my flatmate's and I did not ask him the detail.

BTW, I tried to press the restart button (the very small hole) in the router. Then the notebooks status change to active. I guess it is because too many devices share the wifi at same time?

bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Please can you connect one of your computers/notebooks using an Ethernet Cable to one of the yellow sockets (numbered '2' below) on the back of the TG582n router.  Do NOT use wifi.

FTTC-TG582n-back.png

Please tell us whether or not you have internet access when using a cable connection.

fwiw, Plusnet have a call waiting time status page.

http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212&helpheader=rhmcallstats

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-