cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582N- ethernet LAN can't see wireless devices

davidmcooper

TG582N- ethernet LAN can't see wireless devices

Hello,

I have an ethernet lan connected via switch to the router.

My Win 7 PC internet view shows all ethernet devices but not wireless devices.

Should it?

Thanks

David

6 REPLIES 6
BDevine
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Re: TG582N- ethernet LAN can't see wireless devices

Welcome to the forums!

Just so I can understand which page your looking at is it the router network map like the one below?
If so then I would only think wireless devices would come up on there whilst in use as opposed to Ethernet connections which would always be connected.

network map.pnglet me know if this is the page you were referring too and if loading up pages on a wireless device and refreshing the page shows the device?

Ben

davidmcooper

Ben,

Thanks for your reply.

The view I was taling about is from the PC not the router....

PC Window 7 > File browser > networks. This show all connected ethernet devices but does not show my wireless devices.

David

BDevine
Grafter

ah in networks, in that case then it could be the switch and this limiting the things that show up on the network to only wired connections depending on the set up with the router and switch. Or could be the wireless devices not being set as discoverable or to show up on your home network.

If it that your trying to set up a home network or just see what devices are connected to your broadband?

davidmcooper

I am trying to see what devices (wireless ) are conected to my broadband. I have now achived this by using FING on an android tablet.

Thanks

David

BDevine
Grafter

I see, glad to see you've found an app/programme which will allow you to monitor that. If that method ever faults then you can always log into the router and see what devices are connected that way.

Ben

Yorkshirekev99
Dabbler

Have you checked if wireless isolation is enabled on your router? I don't know that model, but it's a common setting that effectively only allows wireless devices to connect to the network. If they are isolated, they wouldn't be able to respond to your Windows PC