LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: TG 582n router event logs

Hi @maranello here's the GEA:

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 61.7 Mbps
Upstream Speed 16.6 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 468.6
Upstream Rate Assessment Low
Downstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream 5dB, Retransmission High - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2018-11-28T14:15:00
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Thanks @LaurenB

Comparing the latest test result with the previous, from my limited knowledge would I be correct in assuming that either,

1. there is a problem with either my internal phone wiring or the filtered face plate, or

2. there was a temporary issue with the line (loss of connection late Sunday until ~8:30 Mon, as seen in post #6)  which resulted in a resync at a low speed, but having disconnected and reconnected to connect to the test socket has forced a resync back to normal speeds.

If I reinstate the face plate and speeds are slow again, 1 is the issue, if they stay more or less the same then 2 is probably the outcome. 

Does this sound reasonable?

My other car isn't a Ferrari
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Yeah that sounds about right.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
maranello
Pro

@Gandalf @LaurenB

At just past 8 pm I unplugged from the test socket, reassembled the faceplate and reconnected. Speed tests before and after were consistent at ~61Mbps downstream and ~12Mbps upstream. So maybe a temporary blip or a sign of an intermittent and possibly degradation of either my external or internal line or equipment. I guess I'll need to monitor the performance more often as I'm none the wiser with regards to the disconnections or downtime seen on the graph in post #6.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Glad to see the download speeds seem to be back around where they were previously. Hopefully it was just a blip, but do let us know if you continue to experience issues moving forward.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
maranello
Pro

It appears that my connection is becoming more unreliable. This morning (Thursday) I had trouble connecting to the Garmin website , had to leave for work before I had time to investigate. Checked router logs this evening and indicated that a reboot of router occurred around 1150 am. Please could a Plusnet staff member confirm if records confirm the connection drop, or any others since Monday afternoon.

PS I have also just noticed that there is no usage recorded since Sunday.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @maranello,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing issues with the connection. I've tested your line today and as you can see below there was indeed a drop at around 11:50AM as you've reported.

Have you been able to set the router back up in the test socket to see if you notice any improvement again from your end of things?

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
maranello
Pro

@TheMightyAJ

Thanks for this. I have reconnected to the test socket and will leave it like this over the weekend, to see if the connection drops and if so how often. If I don't notice anything over the next few days I'll request another connection log graph from you if that's ok.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

@maranello,

Thanks for confirming it's back in the test socket and I hope that you see some improvement from your end of things. Anytime you'd like to request another connection log graph is fine, just let us know and we'll get it sorted out for you. Smiley

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
maranello
Pro

Update: I've not noticed any dropped connections over the past 3-4 days, nothing shows in event logs although the router appears to only display a fixed number of entries.

How long should I stay connected to the test socket, and have there been any dropped connections showing in the RADIUS logs over the past 4 days?

It may be a red herring, but SWMBO tells me the phone line sounds crackly.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @maranello, thanks for the update.

As per your request, I've checked the connection logs and am able to see the below:

http://visualradius.plus.net/visualradius/generated/image15451488305786.png

We're also not detecting any sort of issue with your phone line. Is it possible for you to plug the phone only into the socket and see if the noise persists?

maranello
Pro

@OskarPapa

Thanks for providing the graph, from which it appears that the connection is pretty stable with only 2 drops on Saturday morning, when we experienced very wet and windy weather conditions. I have left things as they are using the test socket for the time being.

I did not get around to your suggestion of disconnecting the modem from the socket and testing the phone line for noise with only the phone connected directly to the test socket (I presume you mean without the microfilter). I tried the quiet line test and noticed that there was a continuous hiss which occasionally changed pitch. When I am allowed to disconnect the internet (!) I will run the test again to see if there is any difference.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No worries.

Keep us posted!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet