Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching wireless off on hub one on router not online

Holiday01
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Switching wireless off on hub one on router not online

Hi wanting to upgrade to the Plusnet fibre WiFi but would like to know if I can manually switch off and on the WiFi with a button on the new Plusnet Hub One router? I can do it at present with my standard Plusnet router I have for unlimited broadband... a button on the left above Wps button (we just press and wireless signal goes on or off, leaving broadband going via Ethernet to Xbox ok).

Mixed info from Plusnet customer support. One said must be switched off via computer connected to the router (which we won’t have) another said there’s a button on the router. We will have Ethernet cable into the hub one router and it will be connected to an Xbox, no other WiFi needed except occasionally.

if no button on router can you switch WiFi on or off via a mobile phone? I can’t find much information on this topic.

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
wisty
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Switching wireless off on hub one on router not online

Don't think the Hub one has a switch to turn off  WiFi.

I would expect that you will be able to turn it on and off using the browser on the Xbox. Open the internet explorer or whichever browser the Xbox has and  browse to the router (192.168. 1.254). The admin functions will allow you to turn it on and off.

You can probably turn it OFF from a mobile phone using the same process, but as the mobile needs a WiFi signal to talk to the router you won't be able to turn it back ON.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@Holiday01  @wisty  is correct, there is no wifi on/off button on the Hub one. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Holiday01
Hooked

Thanks for your reply
Holiday01
Hooked

Thanks