cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden loss of WiFi 2.4 frequency

jclomp
Hooked

Sudden loss of WiFi 2.4 frequency

I have been very happy with the wireless performance of my hub one -- until recently!  Suddenly, I find that devices (several phones, and an internet radio) will not connect unless they are within a few feet of the router -- and not always then.  Sometimes the message is stuck on  "obtaining ip address"  and sometimes it gets as far as "Connected no internet".  Occasionally it connects for a few moments and then reverts to "Connected no internet".  Devices connected to the router by cable or powerline still connect normally -- it's just the wireless that isn't working -- and this is on 2.4 GHz frequency not 5.  I have tried restarting the router and I have turned it off for several minutes and on again, and I have tried disabling the 5Ghz wireless  -- but no improvement.   I am not a techie -- I just want things to function like they used to so I can get on with my work.  Can anything be done to restore the wireless performance, or has the router developed a fault?  Help much appreciated!  

5 REPLIES 5
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Sudden loss of WiFi 2.4 frequency

Hi @jclomp,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Have you tried turning the router off for 30 seconds, then back on again? It also may be worth trying to do a factory reset of the router to see if this resolves the issue.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
briston
Aspiring Pro

There is another thread going on regarding the 5GHz stream. I was directed there but now have been firmly advised not to confuse matters there. I also have problems with the 2.4MHz stream. Speeds less than 2Mbs download and surprisingly nearly double upload. That was about 6 this morning.
After a lot of trying to isolate the problem, having different firmware installed by plusnet I am at the end of my tether.
I am now reduced to using mobile data on my mobile at times when I am home.
Interestingly, as I wrote this I have just lost connection all together.
Cecilthe3rd
Dabbler

Hi @briston

I can see that you have since been in contact with us regarding this issue.

Dont hesitate to give us a shout should I be of any further help.

Tom Haigh
 Plusnet Help Team
briston
Aspiring Pro

Certainly have been in contact. Quite frankly it's all over the place. I'm reluctant to spend money to solve it as it's not been determined what the cause is.
A few nights back the 5GHz stream collapsed or so it seemed. If I could understand the logs or might help.
Regards
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @briston, I can see you have since been liaising with our support team and the latest response has been added via the ticket here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team