Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Slowdown on Wifi Speeds

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Strange Slowdown on Wifi Speeds

Hi @mshaw213, I'm afraid we can only run live tests looking for issues or interference. So if your router is back in the normal set-up now then we wouldn't be able to look for any change. I can see however with your attached image that the speeds still don't look to be where we'd expect them.
I can see a faults advisor has been working the fault ticket on your account which can be seen here and determined that an engineer appointment would be required for us to investigate this issue further and hopefully get to the bottom of the missing speed.
If you could please update the fault ticket with the required information and drop us a message on here after doing so then we'll happily look to get this booked for you.

mshaw213
Dabbler

Hi,

I've just updated the support ticket to request an engineer visit.

I've been doing some testing and I am still getting the slowdown after a few days on the wifi connection. This was a test before restarting the router:

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8747562618

and this is after:

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8747573183

When I'm having the slowdown, I do still get full speed if I use a hardwired connection, or via wifi on a power line extender I have up in the attic.

I've tried turning the wifi off for a couple of minutes (both frequencies as they are split) but that didn't make any difference - the only thing that seems to resolve the problem is to restart the router.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Thanks fro getting back to us @mshaw213,

All booked in for you and updated via your ongoing faults ticket.

Thanks.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Mads I am surprised that an engineer visit has been booked for what appears to be a WiFi speed problem, The customer may be rather disappointed when the engineer does nothing and says no fault found with the possibility of a charge for the visit.☹️

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@RealAleMadrid,

I think in this case it's probably best that we go down the route of a visit. 

Reading through the thread @mshaw213, has pretty much done everything possible, and while a visit isn't going to resolve any wireless speeds the actual sync speeds are on the low end of the estimates for the line and there are a number of drops on the connection (some of which are the extensive testing). There's a possibility here that REIN might be a potential cause of problems so it's worth at least trying to check that. 

We'll eat any charge, though so that won't be passed on.