Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spare power cable for Plusnet One hub?

FIXED
pcrich

Spare power cable for Plusnet One hub?

Hiya,
My dogs have decided that today would be a great time to chew through the power cable for the Plusnet hub. Grrrr!!! I've no internet access in the house (apart from my mobile) and need to get back online proteolytic as I'm working from home next week. None of the sister cables I've acquired over the years will fit.

Can any of the admins get in touch to send a spare out? Or does anyone here have a spare they are willing to sell? Or can anyone recommend a particular model known to work?
Cheers
Paul
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Spare power cable for Plusnet One hub?

Hello hope the dogs are OK

Just a thought there are quite a few PlusNet hubs on Ebay which are cheap ending soon well worth a look

Don't think you get it for Monday though unless you find a seller near to you and you could collect

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Fix

@pcrich 

How badly damaged is it? The output from the ‘plug’ is only 12V so it’s quite safe to join the cable  with connector blocks or tape up any bare wires, it’s low voltage and not dangerous.

Just be sure that the two cores are not crossed over if both are broken and equally importantly that the two cores are not shorted together.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Where are you? I have a spare one lying around, but I won't be able to post it. If you are anywhere near SG19, you are welcome to come and get it.

pcrich

Hi all,
Thanks for the helpful tips. I ended up cutting out the chewed part and reconnected the two ends. Bodge job but it works and it'll do until I get a new one - I've seen some on Amazon but the reviews weren't great and it'll take a while to get here. My kids would probably go feral if they went without broadband for more than a few days... Wink

The dogs are fine - I think they are deciding what next to chew. I might buy some 'Cones of shame' for them whilst I'm browsing... Wink