Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow wifi

Chrisvesey
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Slow wifi

Hi, 

Been on plusnet for about 7 months, line speed minlmum guaranteed at 51mbps, OK on wired  laptop but for some reason wireless speed has dropped to 25mbps on all wireless devices. Checked that nobody has piggy backed my router, anyone got any ideas?

Chris 

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Slow wifi

1. Try separating the 2.4 abd 5 GHz bands, see https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/2-4ghz-and-or-5ghz-best-practice/m-p/1351966#M840 Try each band in turn and use the best.

2. Download a wifi sniffer app, I use Wifi Analyzer on an Android phone. Use this in your router locations and where you use your devices to monitor your and neighbours transmissions. If there are neighbours using the same band as you then go into your router advanced wifi settings and manually select a 'quiet' channel.

3. Make sure that there are no other wireless devices located close to your router.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @Chrisvesey, thanks for your post.

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing this drop in wireless speeds.

I'd definitely be looking at a wi-fi sniffer app as @Baldrick1 has suggested, as well as looking at the information on how to split the bands that he's helpfully provided.

Let us know how you get on!

Chrisvesey
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi, 

Sorted slow wireless speed, reset router and now back to normal, thanks to those who suggested fixes. Can you remind me how to access my router and where I find the password, 

Chris

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

That's really good to see Chris, thanks for letting us know. You'll be able to find the information you asked about here: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-setup-guides/ - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team