cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings - Backup and Restore - file selected is not a valid configuration file for your Plusnet Hub

PNet4um
Grafter

Settings - Backup and Restore - file selected is not a valid configuration file for your Plusnet Hub

Can someone confirm that the .CONF files are incompatible between versions of the PN Hub 1 which is what I assume I have just received...
The file selected is not a valid configuration file for your Plusnet Hub.
I have copied the 'Subject' line here as the input of HTML and then checking of how it looks using preview discards all that I have typed - extremely irritating!!!... Subject:
1 REPLY 1
Baldrick1
Fixes: 414

Re: Settings - Backup and Restore - file selected is not a valid configuration file for your Plusnet

Is this connected with this post? https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Replacing-what-I-assume-is-a-PN-Hub-1-with-the-latest-versio...

I assume that this backup and restore feature is designed for changing like for like routers but don't understand why anyone would bother. If you change the SSID and passwords to align this with an old router then the card and label with the necessary data becomes useless unless you do a factory reset.

With WPS features on most wireless devices would it not be easier to reset all your client devices? Failing that I would expect that if you go into the router advanced settings you can change things manually.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'